Sunday, August 16, 2009

Response to "Crazy Love"

This is my first blogging experience and I'm sure not many will be reading it. Especially since I'm a boring writer. However, just to share what God is doing in my life right now. I recently just finished reading "Crazy Love" by Francis Chan, which I highly recommend for anyone looking for some encouragement and spiritual challenges. One of the chapters that has troubled me deeply is "the profile of a lukewarm christian". In it he describes several characteristics of lukewarm christians and I found my self identifying with more than I would like. What is more troubling is the chapter that follows. He makes an interesting point that a lukewarm christian is a oxymoron. So I've been struggling and dealing with the lukewarm areas of my walk. My prayer is that God will help me cut the fat in my walk and give me a fire and a desire to love others with real genuine love. Sounds like that would be a great song right? I would like to encourage others to do the same. If all believers could have the "Crazy Love" that Francis Chan talks about and Jesus lived than christianity and religion would have a different reputation. I'm not even going to touch the negative connotations that religion has inspired. However, I believe that things can change! Thank God that things can change. Lets change the way we love and minister. Would love to hear some feedback and responses.

2 comments:

  1. I totally agree, it is all about "real genuine love." (also a great song title!) Keep on bloggin brotha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Luke! I am so excited to follow your blog! I think every thing you have to say will be a great reminder and great guidance for myself!

    Give ash a kiss for me on wednesday-- i only know you'll see her bc I stalk that little on on twitter. lame.

    ReplyDelete